sw1ng3rz

sw1ng3rz

M44 F41

Weeding out time wasters

November 16 2021

I guess I’m (Mrs) too trusting and I’m after advice on how to weed out the time wasters. On the weekend hubby and I had a date night and we had a meeting planned. We got ghosted. I sent a message morning of play and I didn’t get anything back so went about organising a plan b. He was a no show as was plan c! Not sure if it’s just me and they think ghosting is better than saying your not my type or if I’m clueless to the signs they are giving.
Thanks Mrs Sw1ng3rz.

Comments

• ElectricDreamers

ElectricDreamers

2 years ago

This is where I think validations have their place. It shows people can show up.

We used to have 'girls talk' calls too before meets.

• RHP User

RHP User

2 years ago

We generally look for - paid account, verified, validated. If 2 of those are missing I assume fake, or they're not serious about finding a date. If 1 is missing I'm dubious as and will need some good indicators

• Rising_Phoenix

Rising_Phoenix

2 years ago

I’m not verified or validated and I always show up, verification only shows you can send a picture with a date on it and I’ve seen validations left on profiles between members who I know have never even met. Some people are just liars and game players and unfortunately those people really love the internet dating scene.
    You’ll probably never be able to weed them out, all you can do is change your expectations and reactions. Plan a good night for yourselves first and foremost and if they turn up, bonus!

• blix_and_queen

blix_and_queen

2 years ago

We use the no play on the first date to weed out the serious ones. Hit rate of about 90%. Validations aren't a guarantee.

• AnnieWhichway

AnnieWhichway

2 years ago

Plans A B and C....
    If I'm making standby plans, plan C will always be fail safe. Like a movie or friends catchup.
    The hammering your confidence would take is not worth staking it all on untested flaky people.
    So it's a Max of 1 failure per day/weekend/week.

• Ex007

Ex007

2 years ago

Keep people talking and messaging for longer then a week. First meet is a meet and greet, second meet is a play date.

• RHP User

RHP User

2 years ago

We had the same issue on 4 occasions was about to give up and then we finally met a few good ones

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

2 years ago

Did you talk to them on the phone prior?

• hornyguy2305

hornyguy2305

2 years ago

Generally I look for a verified account that’s online or paid so you know they are active and real members. And usually just give em a call before hand to have a chat before meeting in person

• gccouple1709

gccouple1709

2 years ago

We always give our mobile number and ask for theirs in return.
    Then voice call to make sure they are real (usually letting the girls talk to make sure there really IS a girl and that she knows what this is all about).

If they don't want to chat on the phone, we move onto someone else.

• RHP User

RHP User

2 years ago

Loads of fakes profiles

• Dominic12melbs

Dominic12melbs

2 years ago

I must say I’m having trouble getting verification I’m 100 real and am a payed member

I was previously on rhp and got verified very easily

• Flicka_12

Flicka_12

2 years ago

Couple posts date with location disclosed to RHP only.
    Candidate applies and couple consent, location issued by rhp at a time of couples choosing.
    If candidates location does not show said location at that time, RHP boots them.

• RHP User

RHP User

2 years ago

Unfortunately for me i am still a bit old school where we actually used to meet people and have a face to face conversation. The online messaging only works for people who know how to tell people what they want hear and these people have no real commitment to meeting or anything else. Face to face you can read the body language and there tone of conversation